Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Why would a TRAINER need a workout made by another trainer?!

I used to feel this way back in the day....until I fell into sort of a rut in my training. Things just seemed to be going stale and, to be honest, I was having a hard time getting motivated to go to the gym. Sure, I know all the tricks as far as unloading, changing exercises, undulating your cyles blah-blah-blah but in this case, I was just tired of listening to ME.

This is where my friend Alwyn Cosgrove comes in (no, that's not him pictured above...). Not only is this Shrek-sounding dude one of my good pals, he also happens to be perhaps the best in the business. yeah, that's right... THE BEST. Alwyn has once told me that he never writes his own training programs. My reaction was "HUH?!?!". This thought had never before come into my mind, I mean, why would a guy like me ever need help writing a training program??? Well, to make a long story short, I had Alwyn write a program for me and it did wonders for both my body and my mind. There really is something different about doing a program that someone else has created not only JUST FOR YOU but from another perspective. It was a great opportunity for me to take a step back and see how Alwyn's mind would work based on my goals and abilities. For the next few workouts, I actually looked forward to each new workout!

So what's the moral of the story? Well, basically it's that we all need to step back sometimes and realize that we may benefit from someone else's expertise and perspective. Doing so made me do some exercises that I never would have even attempted before! To see some of Alwyn Cosgrove's products, visit his website. Also, if you want to try a personalized training program based on YOUR individual goals, shoot me an email and see if this might be worthwhile for you!