Monday, June 15, 2009

Reflections from the Perform Better Summit in Chicago...

Well, I'm back from another great trip to Chicago and presenting (and attending!) the Perform Better 3-day Summit. Once again Perform Better has confirmed that they ARE unmatched as far as continuing education in this field. The lineup, as always was STACKED full of amazing lectures and hands-on sessions. I truly enjoyed hanging out with, learning from, and picking the brains of all my great colleagues. Folks like Brian Grasso, Robb Rogers, Mike Boyle, Gray Cook, JC Santana, Alwyn Cosgrove, Mike Robertson, Sue Falsone, Diane Vives, Bill Hartman, Todd Durkin, and Lee taft are just SOME of the folks I learned from this weekend....man, the list just went on and on. We are talking the BEST IN THE BUSINESS folks! As I always say, if you are a trainer, PT, strength coach etc. and you live ANYWHERE near ANY of the PB Summits and aren't in attendance, I TRULY have to question your dedication to your field, your continuing education process, and most importantly your clients and/or athletes. I came away with DOZENS of new ideas (along with some sore muscles....) this weekend. I can't wait for The Long Beach Summit in about a month...for me it's another chance to GET BETTER!!