My friend and editor at Men's Health Scott Quill has started a really great program to fight childhood obesity and improve Physical Education in our schools. As a former K-12 Physical Educator, I can attest to the lack of activity our youngsters are being exposed to each and every day. Please support this new program!
The Men's Health FitSchools Initiative helps fight childhood obesity by improving physical education. With support from fit-minded companies and leading youth fitness experts, Men's Health provides the resources and information necessary to ensure students a healthy, active life.
5 Principles of MH FitSchools:
1. Help schools build a safe, inclusive, and accepting environment for physical activity.
2. Make fitness a fun and engaging experience that kids will look forward to.
3. Introduce kids to a variety of activities, so every child has the opportunity to enjoy exercise.
4. Give kids the knowledge to improve every minute outside school, and throughout the rest of their lives.
5. Inspire schools and communities to take control of their health, and work together to find solutions that will help at-risk children.